Safehouse Mod Jun 15, 2011 12:03:21 GMT -5
Post by billsy on Jun 15, 2011 12:03:21 GMT -5
Hi, this is my first mod and feedback is definitely appreciated!
This is a video showcasing the mods I have created and the adjustments I have made to Dead Rising 2.
Things you'll see in the video:
1. All keys within the game are placed on the desk in the Security Room within the Safe House, including two which I'm yet to find the use for, these are the 'Shed Key' and the 'Train Key'. I think the 'Shed Key' might be the key found and used in Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, and i'm not sure about the 'Train Key'
2. A Skateboard has been placed near to the exit to the Royal Flush Plaza.
3. I've placed an Industrial Cart outside of the Safe House in the Royal Flush area for quicker transportation.
4. Opposite the first Combo Room in the Royal Flush Plaza, there is a room which I have transformed into a Weapons Room. I got inspiration for this mod from 'Inmyeyes' who is a member of the modding community for Dead Rising 2 and decided to make my own version. Some aspects to his mod are similar however, I felt with his mod, some rotations and the heights at which some objects were situated didn't look right, and that some items were hard to pickup due to them being situated to high or to close together with other objects. In my version I went about rectifying these issues and removing some of the weapons I felt people were unlikely to use. I'd like to think my version is less crowded and therefore easier to pick weapons up.
5. Custom teleports have been created which go from the Safehouse to several locations around Fortune City. The first is located in the Bathroom oposite the Security Room within the Safe House. This shortcut will take you to the High Noon Shooting Range located within Palisades Mall. Here you'll be able to stock up on the guns within the store. I've also placed a table as a form of barricade so zombies cannot enter the store. Not only this, but on around Day 3, you might come across looters within the Gun Store, however the spawning of these looters has been removed. The second teleport is located to the left of the exit from the Safe House to the Royal Flush Plaza next to a ladder. This shortcut will take from the Safe House to the Food Court. This area is located above ground level and zombies are unable to get to you. Here you'll find one of each of the major firearms, two dynamites, the SWAT uniform except for the helmet, combo paddlesaw, blambow, defiler, boomstick, a vending machine to get an unlimited source of snacks from, with the vending machine also being situated next to the Health 2 magazine (the location of the actual Health 2 magazine remains the same, so you'll find two in the game). Next to the spawnpoint too and from the safehouse, you'll find a stack of wood which is part of the interior environment, I made this into a custom workbench, so there's no need to go searching for the nearest Combo Room should you have two items which can be combined. You'll also find two orange juices which are more efficent at recovering health than snacks from the vending machine. There's also a skateboard situated to the left of the workbench. Finally, I set up barricade on the ground to allow you safely to drop down from the elevated position without the threat of being attacked by zombies. The zombies directly below this area have been removed and will not spawn within the parimeters of the barricaded area.
The only minor problems I have encountered is the camera angles for the shortcut to and from the High Noon Shooting Range in Palisades Mall is a little to the side and couldn't find a way to change this, and also the custom workbench in the Food Barn is slightly situated to the right causing a small invisble wall when spawning, so I shall be changing the spawn to the floor instead of on top of the stack of wood.
I think that's everything that i've done. I hope you like my mod, be sure to give me feedback, thanks.
P.S Please excuse the quality of the video, it is quite poor. Look out for the mod being released here soon.