Right this tutorial is simple and nearly anyone can do it with ease now. So here we go.
1. Open the data folder in your DR3 directory and navigate to the "Models" folder.
2. Now open the "clothing" folder and in here you will find the clothing Nick and Dick can wear and another folder name "dlc". the "dlc" folder is for the 4 stories of the dlc characters and their wearable clothing.
3. Anyway now let's say you wanted to replace Nick or Dick's default outfit with the day one dlc Chuck outfit, find the hat, chest, leg, feeto and feetu files for the Chuck outfit. Copy the Chuck outfit files to another folder.
4. Now rename each bit to the names of the Chuck outfit pieces to the default Nick or Dick file names. Nick's files all end in "m0" and Dick's end in "m1" Once that is done drag and drop the files in the clothing folder and replace the originals. Now cross out and start the game.
5. Well done! You should see Nick's default attire has changed to the Chuck outfit! Now you can have fun with the outfit that wasn't added to the PC. Or you can wear a costume early without the need to complete the game, like the megaman x outfit, or you can have Nick and Dick wear a outfit only the 4 DLC characters could wear.
Do remember to back up the original files if you wish to change back to them. Until we find a way to add the outfits in to the man game and vice versa to the dlc stories, this is the best we can do.
Last Edit: Sept 8, 2014 10:52:52 GMT -5 by solidcal
After reviewing your tutorial and playing around with 50percentjoe's Chris Redfield retex files......................I see it's actually pretty easy to rename/overwrite vanilla files to get a custom appearance.
What I'm interested in doing is ditching Nick entirely in the SP campaign in favor of the ZDC Agent from DLC 4. I want to run with the vanilla spec ops boots, 50percentjoe's CR pants retex, ZDC agent vest............and so I need the bare head and arms of the ZDC Agent to overwrite Nick's in the SP campaign (backing up everything with vanilla originals, of course).
I've located several files entitled head_dlc_zdc_agent in the dlc folder. There are several variations of this file...................I assume the two I want are the .......head_dlc_zdc_agent_a_naked big and tex files?
And the vest/bare arm files are the chest_dlc_zdc_agent_a_naked big and tex files?
If I'm correct in my above file assumptions....................I further assume I need to rename copies of them to head_default_m0 big and tex files and the chest_default_m0 big and tex files? Then overwrite the vanilla Nick files with them.