it's just a modified missons.txt with the stock datafile. the only thing changed is the zombiecounts, so you can load games that don't have custom survivors or missions with it.
i realized what turned me off OTR way too late, but the sheer number of zombies from DR2 was missing due to my original dr mod using someone else's modification on zombie numbers to obscene numbers.
i don't know any real scripting (but it's supposed to be very basic to do this) so i ended up inputting arbitrarily high numbers in every single zombiefactory amount by hand. i started doing it with multipliers of four but then i kinda stopped caring. either way, the difference is pretty drastic to the point of where i have no idea if this will break the game or not.
there's already glitches with the outdoor zombie count, where entire sections won't have zombies.... i don't know what the hell that's about, but it happened at a smaller scale in DR2 too so i'm assuming it has something to do with cranking the zombie count too high in those parts.
here's the difference in numbers. this is literally right after the intro, so 3~ AM on the first day. ignore the janky model imports i threw together real fast out of boredom
The problem I'm having with this is how the number of zombies seems to force new items or debris from broken objects to disappear instantly. It's fantastic indoors, but in the outdoor areas, there are issues.
It's too bad the game wasn't optimised for so many more zombies, otherwise this'd fix the general lack of undead