I've been messing with all the model mods and wanted to test out this one because it's unique and looks interesting. Curious to see how the story "changes" with as Stacey, lol.
Two questions: 1) Does this still work with the most recent patch? 2) What do I download and how do I properly re-implement the .BIG files? Seems to crash each time I try to re-compile the file. Thanks!
EDIT: Thanks Thetommah for helping me figure out modding. I can actually get things working properly now!
Last Edit: Apr 4, 2011 21:31:46 GMT -5 by james009
1) The mods work regardless of the game's version number, as you won't modify the .exe.
2) If you are using Windows OS 64bit, the tools use to crash. Someone said an older version of Gibbed's works with 64bit, though I don't know which.
As for installation, look at the readme with the file:
Stacey Clothing Model Mod by Tab --
It's the exact same process as all the other model switches;
1. Extract the /data folder into the /dead rising 2 directory or folder, it should replace a default.big and a playerfullbody.big
2. Using gibbed's extraction/packing tools unpack your npcs.big found in the /data/models folder of your dead rising 2 directory. (it's a drag and drop operation, so just drag the npcs.big onto the unpacker exe)
3. Now place the rest of the files into the unpacked folder, replacing whatever needs to be replaced.
4. Repack the folder by dragging it onto the packer exe.
5. Rename the npcs_big.big to npcs.big and replace the same file found in the /models folder.
There's some major clipping and stuff, but whatever. No biggie.
Pretty much every single clothing, hair/head, and shoe item change something now. Except the TIR T-Shirts.
Outfits are still outfits, hats/head stuff are accessories, and shoes are hairstyles.
Nice to see a new face.Seems everyone is already helping you.Also if you have a question about the modding of DR2 or OTR it goes in the general modding discussion in the DR2 boards and the OTR boards.Just some advise for you the next time you ask for help or have a question.